Having followed with interest the current debate regarding Colin's
   stepping down from his position of chairman, I join with many to salute
   him for all that he has achieved for Northumbrian piping in general,
   pipe-making and the N.S.P. Soc. I also think that the wide ranging
   response of those who have added their contributions show a healthy
   liveliness in matters piping that denote well for the future of the
   society. How awful if these matters fell on apathetic ears!

   However, in all things, a balance is needed if lively debate is not to
   turn into a grinding of a personal agenda mill. With this in mind,  I
   would like to add my thanks for all the hard work done by our committee
   and the reasoned and balanced approach of our hon. sec. in dealing with
   all the disparate views which have been put forward with regard to a
   choice of successor and the direction we see our society heading.

   Peter Dunn