Religious analogies work quite well here. Are you perhaps leading us subtly towards the contemplation of the Holy Trinity and the realisation that 3-IN-ONE oil is what is really called for?

Fun apart, you say wise words. A broad church is a stable one and it needs to be inclusive. I really enjoyed Philip's reminder about the fragmentation of organisations. Perhaps it's labouring the religious point, but I think the Old Testament stuff . . . the strict earlier style needs to be heard and promoted too, as well as whatever has developed later. . . . but I've said Far Too Much on this list already today! Thanks for a nice post, Richard.

Francis