On 6/10/09, Dave S <david...@pt.lu> wrote:
> I,m sure it's online somewhere Francis, but my question is who actually
> learnt these tunes from the tradition --- ie from someone who learnt them
> from someone whose knew someone  who learnt from Peacock ? do we have anyone
> -- if so could they please set up a master class
>  Dave S (Tongue In Cheek)

No need to have tongue in cheek, Dave. The contact is traceable
through the tale told by the written music, which provides ample
evidence that the Clough tradition is in direct descent from Peacock
(AND Dixon), and many playing now are only one or two removes from Tom
Clough, e.g. via Billy Pigg, and in one case, via the specific
approval of Tom's son.