There's another problem -- even if you put the correct looking letter into
an email (easy for me with a Welsh keyboard driver), in a list environment
the list master may have restrictive settings.  Safest way is to create
your text and save it in pdf form.  If the list doesn't permit
attachments, send it directly to the person you're trying to reach.

John Clifford