On 2 Oct 2009, Dru Brooke-Taylor wrote:

> I'd endorse this too.

Please stop it, you're embarrassing me - I'm just doing my job. But
thank you all the same.

However while we're on the subject - the Folio collection only works
if people submit tunes (in good time).
This one turned into a bit of a scrabble through my personal tune
collection in search of likely tunes not available elsewhere in NPS
publications.

I'll look into the error Richard Y mentions.

Tunes played by any piping group/piper are welcome for the next issue
- if they have active or recently deceased composers then any clue as
to copyright would also help. This last is a minefield: I had to drop
one suggestion this issue when the tune turned out to "belong" to a
multinational publishing company who wanted 50 pounds + VAT for
permission. Peanuts to them, maybe, but not to us.

Most composers  and publishers are only too happy for their tunes to
be included, and a more modest fee was happily paid for another,
along with several free permissions on promise of a copy.

If contributions are as forthcoming as thanks for this one, I'll
gladly compile another in 2 years time.

Julia