Jimmy was a farrier who fixed machinery not just horse shoes. I played fiddle with him on one or two occasions in the snug at the Bird in Bush in Elsdon. He was a neighbour of Ned Pearson, the fiddler, who I remember coming out to play the Morpeth Rant at his garden gate when the Monkseaton Morrismen were dancing at Wallington when I was playing fiddle for them at the time.
Colin R

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lawther <irlawt...@comcast.net>
To: marga...@wyngarth7.fsnet.co.uk
CC: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu
Sent: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:03
Subject: [NSP] Re: An enquiry - Pallister family of Cambo - 3 xi 2009

marga...@wyngarth7.fsnet.co.uk wrote:
My guess is that it may have been Jimmy Pallister

There are recordings of him playing three or four tracks on 'Morpeth
Rant' - Sounds like it was him from the Morpeth Rant notes

"A retired blacksmith, living in Cambo, Jimmy Pallister started to learn the fiddle at the age of 21. He says he "just bred music" and "played by ear almost everything I had touched".

Ian

www.bagpipediscs.com

=