From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Anthony Robb
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 1:58 AM
To: cwh...@santa-fe.freeserve.co.uk; nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu; gibbonssoi...@aol.com
Subject: [NSP] Re: From notation to music

   It would be weird if that's what our music is about.
   The essence of this music, however, is that we hear the "stories",
   learn them, make them our own and reproduce them, not verbatim, but
   slightly differently as mood and memory serves. They have to become
   part of us; not something external interpreted from marks on a page.
   Once they are inside us it is very natural to share them with others.
   As aye
   Anthony