Hello Jim,

Thanks for your response to my question in the Newsletter about the
TEE pipers' badge.  I'm afraid I don't have any information as to the
size or date of the badge - I only know the information the
auctioneers' website gave.

I've also had some very interesting information from Alan Bailey, who
was a member of the TEE squadron of the 72 RE when it was based at
Gateshead.

At the moment it seems as if the TEE at that time (and probably
throughout its various incarnations) never used Northumbrian small
pipes and that their pipers used GHB exclusively.  If the final
collation of information seems worth it, I'll write a summary, but if
there is no connection with NSP then I'll simply state that alone.

Thanks again,

Richard Heard

dartmouth.edu>

Get the best of the web - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/search