I refer to myself as a Northumbrian piper in such circumstances.

Happy New Year, Ernie (and everyone else)

Ian

Ernie Shultis wrote:
   I have a serious question for you, whom I recognize as the panel of
   experts.
   There is a church near by that on Thursdays during the warmer months
   has a concert series.
   They have had various musicians: cellists, flautists, violinists, etc.
   The concerts are only 1/2 hour long and are free and open to the
   public.
   I have been asked if I would like to be one of the featured musicians.
   I plan to play my Northumbrian smallpipes and maybe my Scottish
   smallpipes as well.
   The program lists each performer by date, name and then what their
   specialty is:
   John Smith - Trumpeter
   Cindy Doe - Harpist

   If I say "Ernie Shultis - Piper" people where I live only know about
   the Great Highland Bagpipes.  So my question is, as you see in my
   Subject line: "What Do You Call Yourself?"

   Thank you for your time and Happy New Year everyone.
   Ernie Shultis

   Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. [1]Sign
   up now. --