     From: colin <cwh...@santa-fe.freeserve.co.uk>
     Subject: [NSP] Re: NSP oil for pipes and key pads
     To: "Dartmouth NPS" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Tuesday, 12 January, 2010, 21:34

   Sorry forgot to mention, pipe cleaners are very handy if you don't want
   to use the nail varnish brush method. They reach everywhere including
   the bore (via the holes) and into those hard to get places near the
   keys.
   It's pretty easy to get a tiny bottle for the oil.
   To avoid getting too much oil on the pads, try popping a little oil
   onto a slip of kitchen towel (the paper ones, of course) and just
   inserting it under the open pad, close the pad, open up again and
   remove the towel. Just the right amount.
   If you get too much oil in the bore it soaks into the cotton wool bung
   so remember to change it. Sodden bungs mess up the tuning (he says
   knowingly after ages of despair before some kind soul on this list put
   me right about wet bungs).
   Colin Hill
   Colin Hill
   ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Childs"