Thanks to all for replies on- and off-list. Many interesting
   suggestions but not, I think, definitive enough to change what I wrote.
   I'm surprised no-one mentioned the double-entendre aspect as in the
   Alex Glasgow song "Keep your hand on your ha'penny", based on a
   pre-existing proverbial saying (see
   [1]http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=38961 if interested).

   On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Matt Seattle