On 5 Apr 2010, Dave S wrote:

> Does anyone have a list of the open tunes and the year they were used
> for competition (where) going back 50 years ?

Dave:

Do you mean the "set" tunes - ones which were compulsory for every competitor?
Goodness knows what I said 15 years ago - I'm having trouble with 15 minutes
ago!

Not all competitions had set tunes, and even for those that did, I think
there's
unlikely to be a continuous record. I doubt if there's even a record of whether
they had set tunes or not at different venues.

Finding the info for the NPS comps would entail reading through the last 50
years
of minutes and seeing how many years the discussions include a record of set
tunes.

Free choice comps would be down to individuals who've jotted this info down
pooling
their resources to get some sort of record, which is a tall order. But if
anyone
wants to take it on......

Julia