On 5 Apr 2010, John Dally wrote:

> Playing through some of Jack Dodd's tunes today, I wondered if anyone
> on the list could tell me about him, or send me to some resource on
> the web that might have information about him.

Jack Dodd is still with us, and lives in Embleton. He is father to Margaret
Watchorn (of this parish) - who presumably would be best placed to provide
details.

AFAIK he doesn't "do" the internet.

He used to play pipes, and in my time, played banjo with Dishalagie. I received
lot of help from him when I first went to Alnwick pipers' meetings in the early
90s. He and George Mitchell (separately) gave me some really good advice, which
try to remember. I consider his tune "The Flowers of Ashgill" - in Alnwick's
book 2
- to be one of the best old-fashioned waltz tunes ever - YMMV.

Hope this helps
Julia