Fair point - I just leapt to the one I know best!
   Richard.
   On 28/09/2010 17:22, Gibbons, John wrote:

Was the 'Kettle Drum' in the query referring to the D dorian  Playford tune, or
the G major Scottish polka - in one of Matt's Piper's Pocket Books?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [1]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [[2]mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Beha
lf Of Richard York
Sent: 28 September 2010 16:19
To: Greenley, Gordon; NSP group
Subject: [NSP] Re: Tune Information

   Kettle Drum  is in the 1650 Playford's Dancing Master, for one.
Dunno about its actual origins, but that's a collected and published
source for it.
  Best wishes,
Richard.

On 28/09/2010 15:53, Greenley, Gordon wrote:

    Does anyone have any information on the origins of the following tunes?

      * Because he was a bonny lad
      * Golden eagle
      * Gentle maiden
      * Kettle drum