There are currently 3 sets on ebay:

Item number:    120631838677
Item number:    130443166587
Item number:    250710910716

if anyone is interested. I have no connection with, or interest in these
auctions.
I have not seen any of the sets and can offer no specific advice on them.

In addition I know of 3 other playable sets for sale at present.

One is a reconditioned Burleigh set which I have at home and am advertising for
the
owner who has upgraded. Contact me offlist for more details.

The second is a set made by the late Patrick Manning ( a pupil of Colin Ross).
It
is currently with Colin and although I do have a description, which I can
forward
if wanted, it would probably be easier if prospective purchasers contacted
Colin
(who no longer reads this list) directly.

The third is in the Tyneside area. It has a 7 key Reid chanter (Graham Wells
knows
of it), and Jack Armstrong bellows, but there seems to be a little confusion
over
the drones. The owner is convinced she has been told they are earlier than the
chanter: Graham believes they are early C20, maker unknown (ie probably not
Cocks,
Clough or GG Armstrong)
The set is open to best offers over 1000 UK pounds: contact me offlist for
vendor's
details.

In addition I have been sent a partial set for assessment / to find a good
home. It
has a D pitch chanter, with 7 keys, which are very nicely made. It does not
play,
having shed several pads (for a start). It is paired with a four drone stock
containing only two drones (the others are plugged), but these are F pitch, and
would seem to have been made using a combination of Cocks & Bryan and Mike
Nelson's
plans, possibly by someone with experience of Irish pipes. The bag is very
stiff,
and large, and the bellows are very heavy, the cheeks in particular being very
thick. The whole thing gives the impression odf some years neglect.

The drone stock carries an inscription "Made for XXXXX (the owner, now
deceased,
whose niece sent them to me) by Soefirne".  The chanter is also marked with the
maker's name.I have showed it to Graham Wells briefly but he can shed no light
on
it, so if anyone recognise this maker's name and can provide clues / info, this
would be gratefully received.

I will reporting on its condition etc to the owner: it is, I fear, at best a
"project". Any interest, feel free to get in touch with me.

I hope all this is of use to someone.

Julia