On 5 Nov 2010, Gibbons, John wrote:

>Crawhall's tags... are harmonically as well as melodically
> different from Reavely,

Exactly - which is why I think there's two possible sets there.

> the illegibilities in Crawhall seem
> to be mostly his fault...

Was he noting this down in haste, I wonder? There are similarities in parts of
the
Clough MSS, where the writing is obviously that of Tom (3), but not the
considered
and legible stuff of the "best" collection...

> I will happily contribute to the medal fund for a sight of Reavely!

Copy, I think, is what we need (OK, so it's a wish list). It's easy to look at
an
MS and make an index, but with an anxious owner hovering one cannot spend
enough
time to even abc much.

> Matt's strains ... definitely don't require an open-ended chanter.

OK, thanks for that. Thanks to a damaged right elbow, I'm not very fluent on
anything at present.

> some work before I get home....

Working out how to rake in all those tuition fees??  <grin>

Julia