Hello Reid,

Well this sounds like a very finely balanced decision which might not take much
to tip it in one direction or the other!

So taking a clue from your address, it's known that Audubon visited Thomas
Bewick and listened with great pleasure to his son Robert playing
Northumberland small-pipes.

Hardly a practical reason for choosing . . . but interesting, I hope.

Francis