To: "Ian Lawther" <irlawt...@comcast.net>
Cc: "NSP group" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:42 PM
Subject: [NSP] Re: My little tune sponge....

Hideeho,

I am new to the nsp list serve. I play fiddle and a few other stringed instruments in various Celtic trad styles. My love of Celtic music began when I was 12 listening to Scottish pipers. I am turning 40 this month and have decided at long last that I want to pipe! I play routinely with my family who are also trad players so I need something to play tunes on that context at least occassionally. I am growing in fascination with the NSP. How should I start? Better should I start given that I am now officially over the hill and have never played any kind of a wind instrument. Are Scottish smallpipes more appropriate. I am handy with fixing and maintaining instruments. Help!

Cheers

Reid

G. Reid Bishop, Ph.D.
Director