Quote from Anthony Robb:
May I suggest picking one tune that really speaks to us but isn't yet
  inside us (this includes brain, heart and fingers) and devote half our
  practice time each week to that single tune for 1-6  months (depending
  on time allocated to practice and complexity of tune).

Which do you suggest?

This is a great idea.  I do practice this way, but not to that degree,
spending a few weeks rather a few months on a tune.

I also have to concur with Anthony about Jimmy Little.  His CD is one
of my favorites.  I listen to it whenever I want inspiration or
insight, or just for the fun of it.  There's subtlty in Joe Hutton's
playing, which may not be the most technical recorded, that I would
love to emulate.

Cheers to all for the great discussion.