To: "'Francis Wood'" <oatenp...@googlemail.com>; <julia....@nspipes.co.uk>
Cc: "Northumbrian Small Pipes" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 3:43 PM
Subject: [NSP] Re: [nsp] re-conditioning ...

Quantz swore by almond oil, and if Fritz's flute had suffered by it it would perhaps show in the historical record....

One problem is the speed of sound in nitrogen is not the same as in air.
A way of coaxing the extra few cents out of a flat chanter would be to hook a nitrogen cylinder up to the bellows.
Or helium if that isn't enough.

John