     From: Philip Gruar <phi...@gruar.clara.net>
     Subject: [NSP] Re: even more on G and D
     To: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu
     Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 13:33

   So...
   Can I (temporarily?) get this thread back on track and ask my original
   question again?
   There have been some promising replies coming - and Adrian began to
   develop a useful thread which has now gone off into rarefied realms of
   temperament and drones when playing in C major.
   However ... If I make a "normal" 14-key chanter, designed around
   playing in G and D, with just low B and C keys ARRANGED B-LEFT C-RIGHT
   plus a C# on the right-hand side, BUT (and this seems to be a critical
   factor) without a low A, am I going to produce a wierd one-off thing
   which will annoy future players who may own it after the immediate
   client passes on, OR will I be helping forward a more logical trend of
   pipe-making and playing?
   (sorry about the catitals - I'm not shouting, just emphasising :-)  )
   Philip
   ----- Original Message ----- From: "Julia Say"
   <[1]julia....@nspipes.co.uk>