>   Honestly Christopher, it was a concert pitch G chanter -
>I'd reeded it
>   and set it up for her.

Wow!
 I'd misinterpreted your observation that "the A part has about 78 notes and 62
of
   them are played on the right thumb so even electronic pipes don't help
   unless of course you cheat by electronically transposing" as casting doubt
on whether it was in fact a G chanter she was using.

>The first one was Troy's Wedding in the
>   (nominal) keys of D, C, G and A on her F chanter she was 11
>years old
>   at the time.

Sound interesting. Where can I find this tune? This sounds like the kind of
challenge I need to steer me out of the doldrums.

>   She's an amazing lass!

Indeed!