True enough, John.

   I hope as many pipers as possible will be encouraged to share their
   performances without fear of getting the Simon Cowal treatment.

   On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Gibbons, John
   <[1]j.gibb...@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

     One out of 2 isn't bad - led to a discussion on the right speed and
     rhythm for a rant.
     The only major quibble with the Carlisle one was the slurred snaps
     where everyone else would prefer the high notes staccato.
     Being polite about the other one is harder, though telling him to
     tune the drones and play slower is constructive at least - but as
     for praise,
     ' Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent. '
     Thumper said much the same...
     John
     From: [2]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [[3]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] on
     behalf of John Dally [[4]dir...@gmail.com]
     Sent: 30 June 2011 17:23
     To: NSP group
     Subject: [NSP] Re: tin ear man
       Even though I think all the comments on the youtube videos that I
       volunteered to go over the top in the first wave are all correct
     and
       useful, I had hoped the spirit of the thing would be more
     encouraging.
       I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing videos from all those
     who
       have chimed in so far.
       On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:42 AM,
     <[1][5]smallpi...@machineconcepts.co.uk>
       wrote:
         on another posting to youtube he is playing the gaita(sp) and
     sounds
         better(ish)
         [2][6]http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html