Hi Francis,

   I joined the NPS in 1991 as expat, the magazine was really the only
   contact I had with piping. Later the problems of payment caused so much
   hassle I left perhaps 10 years later. I joined the LBPS because they
   had payment by bankcard and they were more towards musicology, making
   and development so I personally got more out of it than I did from the
   NPS.

   So far in 20 years I have just managed to visit the Chantry once and
   never any competitions, so, I think from my present standpoint, that I
   would not really get much from re-joining.

   I believed that Common Stock had much more content on all aspects of
   bellows piping, and I have not yet heard of any reason, so far, to make
   me change my opinion.

   I am in no way knocking the NPS in any way, I have no idea what it is
   like !, but I have interests in bellows piping that go in parallel and
   beyond NSP and its specialized field so for now I remain

   yours

   Dave SA  (ps their web site is worth a visit though lbps.net)