Having danced for years, and played for dancing (albeit in California)
   perhaps I can help.

   First, you do need to see the rant step to understand it.  That said,
   the easiest way to learn the step is to do it to the rhythm "Potato
   chips, potato chips."  Yes, I know you call them crisps, but that's
   ever so much harder to say.  (It can also be done to "The cactus plants
   are hard on pants," but that's harder to remember and a bit culturally
   . . . outside).  If you want to see it, look here:
   [1]www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2u3J-G9YI

   As somebody else said, a rant can be danced to a good many styles of
   tune.  Honestly, most dancing can be done to any style of tune, so long
   as it's the correct tempo.  All dancers really need is a strong down
   beat.  (The true Scottish strathspey is one dance that comes to mind
   that is actually enhanced by the music.  Also Morris).

   Never really had a dancer say, "I can't dance this dance to that tune."

   Alec MacLean

   In a message dated 7/11/2011 6:00:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,