I decided to play through the contents of the first 30 tunes book, just to
see how many of them i actually knew, or could play. Fortunately i've played
most of them. There are only 2 that i had never looked at, as the title
suggests, Small coals and little money, and the Peacock followed the hen.
     Both of these appear to be what (I think) Matt calls bi-modal. switching
between G and A minor, they sort of resolve to G, although the g drones (to me
anyway) dont always seem to work. What drones do people use on these tunes?
Also how fast should they be played. I've heard the Tickel version of small
coals, but should it really be that fast?

thanks in advance

Derek