>You played with the purge options and set the backup folder to your
official one. Then you launched a backup.

Yes.

> You might have set the purge to either logarithmic or simple cut
backup older than, let's say 7 days. So your Sbackup snapshot might have
fall into those conditions and thus have been removed.

I do not think so.  I was careful to set the purging to logarithmic, as
I normally use. In my other report, I mention that I fear that the purge
settings were not saved. If that was the case, I think that the default
should have been used, which if I am not wrong is set to 30 days, not 7,
so nothing should have been deleted.

>Anyway, what think you should do is setting a new test folder, when you
play with options of any backup software (that has a purge capability).

Yes, I was too hasty...

Regarding the next questions:
* the incremental backups were physically removed from the hard disk
* as far as versions are concerned, as stated above, I use Ubuntu 8.10 and I
update it regularly. On March, 2nd, I explicitely updated it, then I
uninstalled sbackup and installed the Nssbackup version that was available on
the PPA in packaged (.deb) form.

I saw the error messages you mention in the log, and I also tried to
investigate the reason for them, but I could not guess. And yes, it may
be that some (or may) backups were unfinished, most likely because the
computer was switched off during the backup process.

When I go home I will send the configuration files. Thank you for
looking into these issues and for working on a better sbackup :)

--
deletes incremental backups left by sbackup
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/337269