Hello out there,

here are some more information about my current work.

I've just pushed the changes related to the simplification of the
schedule tab. I like it.

Next, I tried to remove the 'Manual backup only' radio button. It is not
a problem to remove this choice. However, the more thinking about the
remaining choices the more I'm getting convinced the current
implementation is just not suitable. The main problems (that are hard to
fix) are related to profiles and to the re-open of configurations.

* profiles:
the radio buttons don't work with profiles at all since a new
configuration with default profile's default values is created.

* user settings:
all settings a user already made are lost when selecting 'recommended'
and the previous settings are not restored when re-selecting 'custom' as
one would probably expect.

* re-open of configurations:
At the moment it cannot be distinguished reliable between custom
settings and recommended settings when opening a configuration again.
The radio button itself represents a state whereas clicking on it
actually triggers an action (at the moment).

IMO, there are mainly two options to solve the bunch of issues:

1. recommended settings are reliable recognized when an existing
configuration is opened and the state 'recommended' is signaled.
Prior user settings are stored and re-covered in the case of switching
the option. The options work with profiles in a consistent way.
-> hard to fix in 0.2

Sidenote: Moreover, I think such function is not required. A better
solution is a good working first time assistant to create a recommended
backup setup for unexperienced users. In addition, some expert options
can be hidden in the configuration UI (expandable panels), so a fresh
(recommended) setup basically keeps a recommended one if it is slightly
modified by the user.

2. Removal of these 'main' options. Every setup is a custom setup that
was started from a default configuration (the first one). A menu entry
is added in order to restore default values (but the profile/path to the
configuration file in order that it works with profiles) if a user wants
to. Results in consistent user experience.

I will work on solution 2) since this solution is doable for 0.2 (and I
personally prefer it - see sidenote). If you got ideas, please tell.

Best regards.
Jean-Peer