Thank you for using nssbackup and taking the time reporting this bug.

I did a quick test on Ubuntu 8.10 using the latest PPA code (0.2-0 RC8).
However, I cannot confirm the described issues here. I've specified a
max. size of 1 MiB and files greater than this limit were not backuped.
Regarding to your regular expression: the problem is that your Regex is
not suitable to exclude files starting with 'bak' since regular
expressions are applied to the full path of files/directories and not
only to filenames. Please try the following Regex instead: "/bak[^/]*$".

Important note: currently Regex are applied to full paths, i.e.
directories matching the regex are also excluded.

Please re-test using the proposed solution and post your results. Thank
you in advance for effort.

Best regards.
Jean-Peer

--