I started nssbackupd manual from a console window under X and it
finished the first full backup. Now I enabled hourly backups again and
the incremental backups work without problems.

The dbus error does not stop nssbackup. The dbus fix from sbackup does not help
here.
It seems that the lock file bug prevents nssbackup from finishing regularly and
this one is invalid.

I investigated the dbus thing a little bit more. And tried to connect
from a virtual console (not a terminal under X) with dbus-monitor to the
session dbus and got the same error message. Then I tried to connect
eith dbus-monitor to the system dbus and this worked. I don't have so
much experience with dbus but it seems nssbackupd should use the system
dbus if it does not actually. And only if a user starts its own
nssbackup daemon it should use this one. Does this make sense?

Thank you for your help Jean-Peer now I have taken the first hurdle to
switch to nssbackup.

--
nssbackup crashes with: GtkWarning: could not open display
warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)