Question #117615 on NSsbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/117615

robert leleu proposed the following answer:
Je la 13/07/2010 18:28-------- Origina mesaĝo-------- jpiebrig skribis
(esperanto estas la unua internacia lingvo):

> New question #117615 on NSsbackup:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/117615
>
> Hello,
>
> I am with Lucid 10.04 and I am a beginner. I have installed NSSBackup from
> Synaptic and the launchpad/nssbackup-team.ppa repository. I get version 0.2.1
>
> I can get any bakcup because it always fails quite at the same moment :
>
> I set NSSBackup like that :
> General : No change
> Inclure : No change
> Exclure : Only var/cache suppressed
> Destination : External USB HDD 2.5" (with 410 Go free space)
> Schedule : No schedule
>
> I save my profile and then I click on : Make a backup now
>
> After a few minutes, the backup begins and I can see the file "files.tar.gz"
> growing until it reeches about 4 Go and then it stops and I get the following
> message :
>
> (Not So) Simple Backup
> [Default Profile]
> An error occured during the backup :
> Unable to make a proper backup. TAR terminated with errors.
>
> Don't understand what happend.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jean-Pierre
I had the same problem, and solved it by setting the maximum file size
at 2 Go. In my case I save on a USB key, FAT32.....   This problem is
due to file systeme limitations.

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.