New question #118373 on NSsbackup:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/118373

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to the Linux/Ubuntu system. My question is regarding
accessing to a Windows share as destination folder for backup files. In other
words, I am using a local server (the Ubuntu machine) and I would like to
backup the files on a Windows share server hosted by the institution I work
for. I have complete access (read-write-edit etc) to the Windows server from my
Windows machine.

(Another important point, I can view the windows server from the Ubuntu machine
but can not edit/write unless I change to root from my ordinary username. When
under root, I can copy files to the windows server. So, I am assuming, granting
my username all the root privileges might work -- since this will be an
automatic backup that runs in the background. )

How can I set the nssbackup write on the windows share without getting the
permission error?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Begli

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.