I'm COMPLETLY with you, Jean-Peer.

In my case, i got three (3) backups on an external HDD - so if the oldest
removed and the actual fails i'm not naked at all!  :-)
But the space for the fourth backup is sometimes a little bit to small...

This is at the moment my external drive with three backups:
/dev/sdd1                                 528447160  371651084 129952544   75%
/media/Backup

I suggest in this case an additional question with the possibility to
check (or uncheck, but opt-in seems smater) to remove one older backup
before the new one is created.

So 'sbackup' should search the backup medium for older backups an only
if there are more than one AND the question for deletion beforehand is
checked AND the backup is older than the delete rule.

But it is not my baby, but i think this is an idea how to solve these
problem without (i hope!) great chin-ups and alterations and
modifications in the source code.

Thanks for taking this problem serious!

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Simple
Backup Maintainers, which is subscribed to sbackup.

Title:
  should delete old backups, then create new / not enough space on media