I have the impression that many are underestimating the implications of the
last couple of months. Wolves' record over the last 9 games is W2 D4 L3. It
is close to relegation form.

The embarrassing performances of the last week show a downward rather than
upward trend.

Effectively going away to the best attacking team in the division with 10
men, as Saville has shown that he is a total liability at this level, is
v.poor management indeed, and suggestive of serious misjudgement at this
level.

Putting on the hapless Macalinden, a player who will never make it at this
level in 10 careers never mind one, again shows a lack of realism as to
what is required at this level.

In general, Jackett's judgement is now exposed as basically misguided in
that even a couple of weeks ago he was talking about winning the title,
with what is now clear is a thin squad with few attacking options outside
of Sako.

Sometimes, a run of games happens which reveal some core truths. I have a
strong suspicion that is precisely what we have just witnessed.

(from Mol Mix. Not like them to get silly?)

--
Championship Champions 2014/5