I know we played well last night, but Everton were dire... No midfield,
3 centre backs on the field at one time, strikers being taken off with
barely a touch of the ball... They have definitely slipped into their
summer holidays... Maybe they all know there's going to be a massive
cleanout of the players so they don't give a stuff any more? Felt like
the Villa game vs Wolves - where Villa - allegedly fighting for their
survival, barely had a shot on goal the whole game... But is great to
see the small man do well - it is hard to say that Podence was head and
shoulders above anyone... I do wonder if Everton thought he was the
ballboy so gave him extra room? :-D But being serious, he made the most
of his start. Is much more lively that that Italian guy was (already
forgotten him!) - hopefully we'll see more of him. And then Jota was
more hungry to impress when he came on. I reckon Jota is one of those
players that needs to be dropped to the bench every now and then, as he
always plays better on his return.
I'd love to see them keep up the intensity of that second half for the
final games. We need to see Doherty, Jonny, Moutinho and Neves get on
the scoresheet as well. Doherty had a pretty poor game yesterday by his
standards.
Onwards and upwards!