On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 09:35 PM, Tobias Burnus wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Maarten Sneep wrote:
Are you using windows to display?
Yes (or more exactly: I access using rdesktop a Windows 2003 server from
Linux).

I found out at the wrong moment: I had made this nice presentation, works nicely on my Mac, but the final presentation machine was a Win XP machine...

I never got that to work, but Mac works fine...
Hmm, I will try tomorrow. The PDF should run on a Mac at the end anyway.

Have you tried .avi's or .mpg's, or only Quicktime .mov's?

Both avi and mov.

Besides, movies are not embedded (at the moment), so you
need to have the movie file next to your pdf for display, and use 8.3
names, just to be on the safe side.
Well, I know that the movie _files_ are not embedded, but I used it - a
bit unprecise - to note the fact that the movies are shown/displayed in
the document (and not by - let's say - starting a external program).

The new pdf 1.5 format will embed (or at least has the possibility to embed) the files themselves, that's why I was a bit -ahem- annoying.