At 04:26 17/09/2003 +0200, Pawel Jackowski na Onet wrote:
Hello!

> Hi Patrick and all the others > > thanks for your answer. I think I asked my question a little bit unclearly. > I wanted to know if i can get the width of a figure, or the overlaywidth of > this figure as a numeric. I want to make a frame like this: > \framed[width=<width of \exernalfigure[fig]>, height=<height of > \externalfigure[fig]>]{blabla}.

> I don't know if such a thing is possible, I didn't find such a thing in a
> manual.

Why dont You just put the figure into a box? You can always say:

\newdimen\W
\newdimen\H
\setbox0\hbox{\externalfigure[your_figure]}
\W=\wd0\relax
\H=\ht0
\advance\H by \dp0\relax
\the\W
\the\H
\end

Such row TeX code always work:)

\getfiguredimensionsonly[...][...]

\naturalfigureheight
\naturalfigurewidth
\figureheight
\figurewidth

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]