On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Mari Voipio wrote:

> It does not seem to bother TeXLive ConTeXt that the .tex files are in a
> path with couple of spaces (like c:\Documents and Settings\Mari\My
> Documents\ConTeXt\test.tex) as long as TeXLive itself is installed
> somewhere without spaces.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We can certainly do that, and it should
eliminate many of the errors (especially if some are due to a command-line
buffer limit), but leaves the problem with the "HOME" directory.

Have you tried this with TeX Live 2003?
Do you set HOME=??? and what do you get for the gebied entry in, e.g.,
test.tmp?
Are you using irun generated .exe files for texexec, etc.?

--
George N. White III  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>