At 17:31 18/09/2003 +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

proposes something like

\parfillskip = .5\hsize plus .092\hsize minus .5\hsize

hm, we need a way to parametrize this, will think of it

Another bad feature is that \abovedisplayshortskip will never be used,
leading to excessive white space around some formulas."

these skips around math are tricky anyway; also, i noticed that occasionally some baselineskip is added; another painful thing is the automatic 2em displayindent

> Don't exaggerate. The human eye is slack enough to give those spacing some tolerance :)

i noticed that in many tex docs on the web -) also, i am quite sensitive to it, so, sorry to all those users who suffer from the side effects in context

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]