Hello,

my little project has made good progress, and I must say that reading the mailings
in this list have become one of the more pleasurable parts of the time
I spend in front of the computer. Thanks!

I have reached the stage that I would like to include citations into my book,
and I found the bib module at

http://www.elvenkind.com/~taco/bibmod/

I think I added the correct commands to my source files, and I have even figured out that
I should put the files in the bib module distribution near my own tex files.

Now, when TeXing the whole thing, I get a dummy citation at the right place, but no bibliography at the end. This is no miracle, as I didn't see bibtex running. From my LaTex prehistory, I would have expected that an .aux file is generated, which isn't. I understand
that I have to run bibtex manually at some point, too.

My layout file contains

\setuppublications[
        numbering=yes,
        sort=author
        ]

\setupbibtex
        [database = minbib,
        sort=author
        ]

and I have minbib.bbl sitting around as well.

So here my probably stupid question: How do I generate the aux file?

(Running TeXShop on OS X).

Thanks for any hints,

Matthias