Otared Kavian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

(I changed the lines....)

> The third example
> does not produce what is expected.

what did you expect?

> \startuseMPgraphic{brouillon}
> draw btex brouillon etex ;
> currentpicture := currentpicture ysized (\overlayheight-3cm) ;

this command scales (vertically) the brouillon to \overlayheight -3
cm. This is very large

> \stopuseMPgraphic
> \defineoverlay[brouillon][\uniqueMPgraphic{brouillon}]
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=brouillon]

and this one centers your graphic (the large brouillon) on the page.

> I should say that I am not enough self-confidence to change the file
> cont-sys.tex as suggested by Patrick...

If you get some results from btex...etex, you don't have to.

Patrick
--
You are your own rainbow!