Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 00:09 07/12/2003, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >while desperately working on footnote markers I found this email from 9
> >months ago.
> >Is there in the meanwhile some news for a kind of "\setupfootnotemarker"?
>
> what exactly do you want to achieve? one can influence footnote markers
> using the conversion key
>
> \setupfootnotes[conversion=set 2]
>
> and alike; one can create his/her own set if needed
>
> Hans

For example I would like to have footnote marker SansSerif.

If I would do it with the conversion key like this...

\setupbodyfont[4pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=45pt]

\definefont [FNfont][Sans at
10.5pt]\def\setfootnotebodyfont{\FNfont\setupinterlinespace[line=13pt]}
\definefont [FNXfont][Serif at 10.5pt]\setupfootnotedefinition[style=\FNXfont]

\defineconversion[HowAboutIt][\ss]
\setupfootnotes[conversion=HowAboutIt,numbercommand=]

\starttext
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\input tufte \footnote{\input knuth }
\stoptext

... then suddenly the number in front of the footnote text becomes 4pt.
If I do it without conversion...
\setupfootnotes[numbercommand=]
... then the number in front of the footnote text is 19.5 -- as defined in FNfont.

That's why I felt the conversion key is not so reliable in this case.

Steffen