Hi David,

David Arnold schrieb:
All,

I've recently installed tetex 2.0.2. I am having difficulty with Metapost
and I am wondering if I have a good installation. If someone else out there
is running tetex 2.0.2, could you try the following on your system and tell
me if you get similar results. Also, if I'm making some sort of silly
mistake, please let me know.

I have a little file named junk.mp.

beginfig(1);
path p;
p:=fullcircle scaled 100pt;
draw p;
endfig;
end.

It compiles much as I expect.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] darnold]$ mpost junk
This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.4.5)
(junk.mp [1] )
1 output file written: junk.1
Transcript written on junk.log.

No problems. Now I add a line to junk.mp.

beginfig(1);
path p;
p:=fullcircle scaled 100pt;
draw p;
label(btex $x$ etex, center p);
endfig;
end.

Now, when I compile, texexec seems to be invoked. Is this what happens on
your systems? Is this correct behavior?

yes

[EMAIL PROTECTED] darnold]$ mpost junk
This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.4.5)

I now add another line to junk.mp. This is an attempt to get 10pt font size.

beginfig(1);
defaultscale:=10pt/fontsize defaultfont;

defaultfont/defaultscale only affect labels set by metapost i.e. label("text",(0,0)); for the labels typeset by tex (btex ... etex) you can add to your mp-file:

verbatimtex
\setupbodyfont[10pt]
etex;

path p;
p:=fullcircle scaled 100pt;
draw p;
label(btex $x$ etex, center p);
endfig;
end.

I am at a loss at how to proceed. Is this a bug?

Greetings Lutz