At 12:42 27/01/2004, Alan C.Bowen wrote:
I am new to ConTeXt and have what are doubtless some very basic questions. I have checked the manuals and the archives of this list and of the TeX on Mac OS X list the, but have not found what I am looking for yet. What I need is
(a) to set up the footers and headers in a book so that there is only
a footer on the first page and only a header on subsequent pages,
(b) to define the first page number
(c) to set the color of a page in its entirety.

Any pointers to documents, solutions, or worked examples in ConTeXt will be very much appreciated. I have some idea of how to do these things in Plain TeX, but should really like to migrate to ConTeXt.

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\setupcolors[state=start,textcolor=red]

\definetext[chapterstart][footer][\pagenumber]

\setupheadertexts[\pagenumber]

\setuphead[chapter][header=high,footer=chapterstart]

\starttext

\chapter{Zapf}

\dorecurse{20}{\input zapf\relax}

\stoptext