> >  I find myself with a similar problem with floats not working. Could I
> > have a link to 'columns.pdf'. I have searched the website, but no joy.
>
> what do you mean with 'not working', floats in column sets behave

I found columns.pdf, about columnsets. This is useful stuff, but text does not wrap
around images. For example

\placefigure[fxtb:1*1,none]{}{\externalfigure[letwin_101001][width=2.5cm, lines=7]}

drops an image in the right place, but it is floating in the centre of the column.
There is really no way of getting text to wrap around an image, like I was expecting.

Christopher