Hello,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 to convert jpg images to eps. But the images
are not very good when converted to pdf. How can I improve the quality of
the images?

Besides Hans methode (texexec --pdf --fig=c yourfile.jpg) I want to remark that PDFTeX is able to include JPEG and PNG graphics directly thus you do not need to convert them. Actually, Hans methode does the conversion from JPEG to PDF simply by including the JPEG in TeX. (Old versions of PDFTeX also supported TIFF, but there are legions of TIFF subformats of which only a fraction was supported. Consequently, TIFF had been dropped.)

Regards,

Tobias