On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:08:46 +1200, Richard MAHONEY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You might like to look at some of the encoding conversion scripts at:

 http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney/scripts/scripts.html

N.B. For sorting utf-8 Arabic you might find the perl module
`Sort::ArbBiLex' useful

Thnx Richard; most of the scripts are beyond my capability;->, but the UTF8 to TeX / LaTeX scripts seem very useful for a possible transliteration module, which is something else I need to do for my journal, where people send in different transliteration conventions that I have to convert to the journal's convention. I'm ashamed to say it; I've been doing this kind of thing manually up to now;

\startsuperhero

must... learn... scripting... language...

\stopsuperhero

Thnx
Idris

--