vinuth madinur wrote:

Hi everyone,
My mpost doesn’t have “textext” macro.
So, what are the other ways of doing it?

What I want to do is this :

%I have a variable “GbLableName”
GbLableName=”B_2”;

%Now I want to use this variable like this:

lable.bot( btex GbLableName etex , (0,0) );

But this will just display “GbLableName” instead of “B_2”.

So can someone please tell how this can be done? I know too little about TeX.

Someone suggested about using “Textext” macro. But my MPost version doesn’t have it. So are there any other ways of doing it?

btex ... etex is scanned by some mp tools and then tex'd; no expansion takes place
then, so GBLableName becomes text

textext is more clever;

why not use metafun then? it has everything metapost + more

also,

\starttext

\startMPpage your code \stopMPpage

\stoptext

with

(texexec --pdf thatfile.tex)

will work ok; from within metafun/context you can use text variables (\MPstring and such); see metafun manual