Brooks Moses wrote:

At 01:40 PM 8/2/2004, you wrote:

ah ... the alignment lookahead problem, i think we can safely patch \mathematics to catch lookahead as well as make frac more robust for unwanted expansion

\usemodule[newmat]

\unexpanded\def\frac#1#2{\mathematics{\genfrac{}{}{}\donothing{#1}{#2}}}

\def\mathematics#1{\relax\ifmmode#1\else$#1$\fi}

[...]

That fixes the problem on my end; thanks!

Will you be updating the defintions of \tfrac, \dfrac, and so forth in m-newmat to match? I admit to not being too sure whether I think it's a good idea to support using math constructs such as \frac

do they need patching? they don't use \mathematics afaik