Mojca Miklavec wrote:

2.) filling-up a table

This is a more complicated example and probably "playing with TeX" may
be the only solution, but I'll ask anyway.

I need to make something similar as, say, multiplication table or a
table for dynamic programming calculation of minimum editing distance.

There is a n*m table, whose fields have to be filled step-by-step
(sometimes the last entries in bold or in red) on consecutive slides.
Copy-pasting and correcting the table ten or twenty times makes no sense.

I would be grateful on any suggestion about how to solve this problem.

(for efficiency reasons, in s-pre-60 patch):

\def\StartSteps{\iftrialtypesetting\else\ResetStep\NextStep\StartStep\fi}
\def\StopSteps {\iftrialtypesetting\else\StopStep\PrevStep\fi}
\def\FlushStep {\iftrialtypesetting\else\StopStep\NextStep\StartStep\fi}

and then:

\usemodule[pre-61]

\starttext

\StartSteps

\starttabulate
\NC test \FlushStep \NC test \FlushStep \NC \NR
\NC test \FlushStep \NC test \FlushStep \NC \NR
\NC test \FlushStep \NC test \FlushStep \NC \NR
\stoptabulate

\StopSteps

\stoptext

In the above mentioned example in Prosper this kind of page numbering is solved exactly the way I like.

the StartSteps etc gives this for free -)

Implementing al those fancy things is not that complex since most of the the machinery is available in context for years now, but time ...

(being at a few tex conferences recently and seen prosper in action ... i don't like presentations all look the same, which is why i prefer to provide a general solution that can be applied to any style, i also get the creep of the document source coding some people showed me; so, in due time i will extend the Stepper (a more complex example is the self running dante XV presentation -- on out site; which reminds me that i have to document and post that style)

(personally i more and more tend to clean and sober presentations -)